WhatsApp – The Most Popular Instant Messaging App
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular instant messaging app in the world. Owned by Facebook, this free messaging and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service provider offers complete convenience of sending any text message, image, or video to any contact over the WhatsApp application, anywhere in the World.
The usage is free and all you have to do is connect your device to a WiFi, else consume mobile data which is also not voluminous. Used by millions, the cross-platform mobile messaging app WhatsApp is available for all major smart phone and computing device OS, including Android, iOS, Windows and more.
How to Set Custom Notifications for Your Favorite WhatsApp Contacts?
For enabling this you will need to have the version of the app that offers this update / feature. Custom Notification feature helps you make the most of how you control notifications from selected contacts as per your liking. Follow the below appended steps which will make you control your communication interface with certain contacts on your Android device :
- Launch WhatsApp from the home screen of your device.
- Open any conversation and tap on ‘View Contact’. You can also access this by tapping on the profile name of the contact within their chat box.
- Now tap on ‘Custom Notifications’.
- Now, all you need is to check the box against ‘Use custom notifications’ box.
- After this all the options will become functional and you will be able to tap on any of them, as displayed here:
- From the list you can move to any option that you want to change or enable specifically as per your need depending on the contact.
- You will be able to configure settings for call, messages, pop-up and more notification behaviors, and easily and preferably spot messages the way you like from your favorite contacts.
Apart from the above stated custom notification settings, you can also mute notifications when you are busy and don’t want to be disturbed with any frequent message announcement.
This feature has is also widely popular for group chats when someone doesn’t want to be notified about the communications happening in a WhatsApp group they are a part of. With this feature you can mute notification about some individual sending you a message.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable this feature on your Android device:
- Go to Notifications in WhatsApp or visit the conversation window for the contact and tap on the profile name.
- Here you will find two options – ‘Mute’ and ‘Custom Notifications’. We have already discussed about custom notifications above.
- Toggle the switch in front of the ‘Mute’ option.
- This will take you to another window where you will see the time options to mute the notification for.
- From this list, select the time you do not want to receive notifications from the selected contact.
Both the above mentioned guides are easy to follow and help you manage and control how you want to be notified about messages from your favorite contacts in WhatsApp on Android device.