Instagram is, no doubt, the most popular photo sharing app in today’s times with around 800 million users.
While sharing your travel images, your daily life through pictures with your friends and followers, there may come a time when you would want to take a break, Or if you find this app is not your type, You would want to know the steps to deactivate your account or delete it. Here we provide you complete details, Before you start, We recommend you to take backup of your post your device’s for future use or just for keeping them as memories.
How to Deactivate (Temporarily) Your Instagram Account?
Note : You cannot deactivate your Instagram account from app, For this you will have to visit the Instagram website through a web browser on your desktop or mobile.
This process is suitable for those who want to take a break from this Instagram account or from social media altogether and intend to be back after a few days or weeks through the same account; or if you want to disable the account now and will delete it later on depending on your personal preference.
Follow the steps below to deactivate your Instagram account :
- Go to the Instagram login page – Instagram Login
- If you are not logged in already, then enter your login details to enter your account.
- Go to the top right corner where you will find the ‘Profile’ icon, displayed by ‘head and shoulder’ picture.
- Now click on ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Move to the bottom of the page and on the left-hand side you will find ‘Temporarily disable my account’. Click on it.
- Instagram will ask you ‘Why are you disabling your account?’, accompanied with several answers in the drop-down menu. Chose the one from those.
- Enter your password again.
- Click on the ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ button and your account will get disabled until the time you want to reactivate it again. Remember it takes a few hours for the deactivation to take effect.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account (Permanently)?
Note : For this purpose also, you will need to visit Instagram website through desktop browser as you can’t delete it via app.
Steps to delete your Instagram account :
- The first step is to go to the Instagram’s Delete Your Account Page.
- Login to your Instagram account if you are not logged in already.
- Now, Instagram will ask you ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ accompanied with drop-down answer menu. Choose the fitting answer.
- Now you will have to re-enter your account password to proceed further.
- Click on the button labeled ‘Permanently delete my account’ to delete your Instagram account forever. Remember there is no going back from here, so make sure to copy images and videos that you want saved for future. Also, do ponder over whether you justly want to delete your account before clicking on this option so as not to feel regretful later on.
- Post this your Instagram account will be deleted lastingly.
Deleting your Instagram account will make it go forever, while deactivating will make it disable it temporarily. A deactivated accounted can be open again in easy steps. All you have to do is visit the Instagram website or download the app on your device and log-in using your account details. Your profile will get back and right where you had left it.
Please Share This Page With Your Friends On Social Media