Instagram is your go-to place to share what’s happening in your life with a visual display of you and the world around. While you love being an influencer as a fashion icon or an avid traveler or a foodie, it would add worth to your account if you gain a sign of status.
You would have seen influential people on other social accounts having a blue badge besides their username and wished if you could get such facility for your social media channel as well. Well now you could do this for your Instagram account as the popular photo-sharing channel now offers account verified badge for its users. Here we will tell you how you can get your account verified displayed with a blue badge besides your username.
What Actually a Verified Badge Signifies?
A verified badge is a blue check ☑ that appears next to the Instagram account holder’s username in their profile.
It denotes that the person is of high prominence meaning he/she is a public figure, celebrity, a global brand and so.
Requirements to Apply for Account Verification
Apart from the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service of Instagram, there are several other factors that your account must comply :
- The account must be genuine and authentic, representing a real person, organisation or brand.
- Every account needs to be unique with respect to a person or business it denotes, with language-specific account exceptions.
- The account must be public and complete in that it has a bio, profile picture and at least one post.
- There should be no ‘add me’ link in your profile connecting any further social media service.
- The account must belong to a notable person, entity or brand that is highly searched for, has featured in multiple news sources.
How You Can Get Verified on Instagram?
Famous personalities, public figures and brands are more likely to be copied or impersonated, which can confuse the followers who the real person / brand is.
The verification defines that the person in question is the real and authentic figure. Instagram has a clear process for the verification and it is up to them to decide who qualifies. To get verified you first have to apply and based done the steps you are required to complete :
- Log in to the account you want verified.
- Go to the top right corner and tap on the menu icon.
- Go to Settings > Request Verification
- Enter your name and provide photo ID which could be your Passport, Driver’s License, or any other government issued ID card.
After Placing Your Request
After you are done applying for the verification badge, Instagram will review your request and will send you a notification to know if the account has been verified or not.
If your request is denied, you need not feel disappointed, as you can send a new request after 30 days. If your account is verified then you are good to go and this account has a verification now of being the official one representing you or your brand.
Things to Know
Keep in mind that once your account gets verified you cannot sell or advertise or transfer your verified badge.
This is against Instagram’s policies and doing this can make Instagram remove the verification at any time, along with disabling your account as well. Also, you cannot use your account profile picture or bio or name section to promote any other services.
Any false information provided by you during the verification request that misleads Instagram will also lead to removal of badge and deletion of account on the part of Instagram.
Please Share This Page With Your Friends On Social Media